1) Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen and nitrogen make up 90% of the human body.
2) A huge underground river runs underneath the Nile, with six times more water than the river above.
3) The world’s oldest trees are 4,600 year old Bristlecone pines in the USA
4) Tea was so expensive when it was first brought to Europe in the early 17th century that it was kept in locked wooden boxes.
5) The DNA in a single human cell is 37 metres long when unravelled.
6) Spiders recycle their webbing, so a spider that gets stuck in its own web may eat its way out.
7) Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over 1 million descendents.
8) The animal with the largest brain in relation to its body is the ant.
9) There are more living organisms on the skin of a single human being than there are human beings on the surface of the earth.
10) Out of 20000 species of bees, only 4 make honey.
11) Earth travels through space at 66,700 miles per hour.
12) When the queen of a clownfish school dies, a male clownfish changes its gender to become female and takes her place.
13) A single bacteria cell, given all the food it needs, could divide into a ball of cells the size of the Earth in 24 hours.
14) Chimpanzees are the only animals that can recognize themselves in a mirror.
15) If two flies were left to reproduce without predators or other limitations for one year, the resulting mass of flies would be the size of the Earth.